24 July 2009

Piper on Kuyper

I do not know John Piper's works at all well, though I had some contact with him personally during his stint teaching at my undergraduate alma mater, Bethel College (now University), some 35 years ago. I do know any number of people who have benefited from reading his many books. Up to now, however, I have not usually associated cultural critique with Piper and his followers. This could be changing, if the following is any indication: America's debt to John Calvin. Where he might go from here I don't know, but it is encouraging to see him recommend Abraham Kuyper's Lectures on Calvinism. Might this form the basis for a fruitful dialogue between Kuyperians and Piperians?

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Contact at: dtkoyzis at gmail dot com