30 April 2004

Philpott and sovereignty

Last week I obtained a copy of Daniel Philpott, Revolutions in Sovereignty: How Ideas Shaped Modern International Relations. Philpott teaches at my alma mater, the University of Notre Dame, where he is assistant professor of political science and director of undergraduate studies. I was given his name and alerted to the existence of his book by one of my contacts at Princeton last month. I understand he is a serious Christian grappling with the relationship between faith and international politics. He received his PhD from Harvard in 1996 and looks very young from his photograph. He is someone to watch out for in the future, as I am sure we will be hearing more from him. Students with an eye to graduate studies in international relations might cast their eyes in the direction of South Bend, Indiana, thus following others who have done the same.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Contact at: dtkoyzis at gmail dot com