24 February 2004

First time in Hamilton

My first visit to Hamilton was way back in 1971. I was sixteen years old, and our family was visiting our former family physician, who had moved up here to take a position teaching at the McMaster University Medical School, which had only recently opened. I don't remember much about the visit, except that our host family was living in Dundas and we visited Ontario Place and the Royal Botanical Gardens. While at the latter we went to the Rock Garden and I somehow managed to drop my glasses over the edge of the top (it seemed like a precipice at the time). Someone in our group who was about ten years my senior climbed down and retrieved them for me. I was thankful for that. Even then I was blind as a bat without my glasses. Little did I know that I would one day be living in Hamilton and that my daughter would be born at McMaster.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Contact at: dtkoyzis at gmail dot com