05 August 2003

Long weekend in Alberta

This past weekend I spent at the Deer Valley Meadows camp ground, east of Red Deer, Alberta, speaking at the ICS Family Conference on the topic of "War and Peace: Understanding the Conflicting Spirits." It was quite an enjoyable experience. It was the first event at which I was the principal -- nay, only! -- speaker.

This was only the second time I had visited the province of Alberta, the first being ten years ago. I was pleased to renew some old friendships and to get to know some new friends as well. The Albertan landscape is quite different from what I am used to here. The soil is dusty and the flat prairie is broken up by rivers which form deep gullies, almost canyons. We even saw pelicans flying near the Red Deer River, something one doesn't see in southern Ontario, needless to say.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Contact at: dtkoyzis at gmail dot com