14 August 2003

E-mail scams

Surely I'm not the only person in this position: Every other day or so I receive an e-mail post from someone claiming to be from a west African country and wishing my help to transfer large amounts of money to Canada for which I will receive a substantial commission. When I first received one of these several years ago, I thought perhaps I should report this to RCMP or CSIS. But there's no way any agency could keep up with the sheer volume of these posts, which has increased in the ensuing years.

A genuine oddity: about half of these posts begin with "Dear brother in Christ." If one is willing to engage in fraud, then I suppose there's no real obstacle to adding blasphemy to the list of one's contemplated sins.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Contact at: dtkoyzis at gmail dot com