14 June 2003

Personal library: home branch

Perhaps not suprisingly, the bulk of my personal library is in my campus office. There the books are largely academic and scholarly books, whose subjects fall into the categories of politics (the vast majority), philosophy, economics, education, history, sociology and religion.

My library in my home office tends to encompass Russian and other novels, some poetry, books on railways and trolleys (one of my longstanding hobbies, about which I will undoubtedly be writing), Cyprus, the Byzantine world, Chicago and local northern Illinois history (my homeland, if you will), art and architecture (including Byzantine icons), religion (including numerous bible translations in English and a few other languages), liturgy and hymnody, and foreign language dictionaries. Among all these are more than a number of beautifully-illustrated, oversized coffee table books. Then there are the photo albums....

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Contact at: dtkoyzis at gmail dot com